We have PCP rides during the week and many weekends for the roadies.
Every full moon weekend, we have a social and night ride called the Moonlight Ramble around the lake using appropriate and sometimes inappropriate lights. Each week, we also have "Single Track Sundays" for those crazy mountain bikers! Of course, don’t forget the Tour de Corn every August.
We build single tracks on public lands approved by the City of Mitchell.
We even build trails on some privately owned lands. Sure we love having more places to ride but it really is great fun to prove "lots of hands make light work." Officially, we know these trails improve the Palace City through tourism and civic improvement.
We work together to raise money to donate to our local community and to support school programs:
1. Greater than $20,000 to the City of Mitchell for hiking/biking trail projects
2. $2000 for the Lids for Kids Program
3. Hundreds of volunteer hours to build and maintain several mountain biking and walking trails
4. Financial donations to the Boys/Girls Club, A.C.T., etc.
5. Trike Bike to a limited mobility Mitchell resident
6. Ten Giant Revel Mountain bikes and …
7. Thirty-five Giro bike helmets and protective vests to the Mitchell Middle School’s Personal Health and Wellness Department.
We hope these donations will provide opportunities for physical activity to improve fitness and mental health of all.
This is the goal of the club and we are pretty good at it!